Wednesday, August 27

It all started with Adam.

I was laying in bed last night and I realized how much I missed writing. I always think about creative things to say and continually find myself in tangents about unique titles for events in my life that I could potentially write about. So here I am. I will try to keep up with this, even if it is just for myself as an outlet of thought during this tumultuous last semester in college.

So the first thought I had last night of a unique title was "It all started with Adam". It was a funny metaphor that represents both Judaism on the forefront and the beginning of freshmen year underneath. If our lives are remotely modeled around the relationships we find ourselves in, then this title suits mine quite well.

Adam was the epitome of the walk of shame. I remember the feelings associated with him and the experiences surrounding the first part of my first year in the 60,000 person bubble. And then I remember the feelings associated with another him and another him and another him (and so on) for the duration of the past three years. In some ways it is humorous to look back on the route I chose for myself, one I hardly find unique to any college student living in this pseudo-life. I found myself, lost myself, and found myself over and over again as time elapsed. Adam fell to the back burner and I came forward to face college, life, and myself for the first time.

It's crazy but I feel like right now, for the first time in my life, I feel so alive.